12 December 2009

Don't let go

After feeling kind of down the last couple of days, I had a great night last night & a great day today.

Last night was our work Christmas party.  I went and ate food & had a couple of drinks with a bunch of older ladies.  I work with one person my own age & the rest are probably at least 10 years older than me. (I'm not calling any of them OLD, just older.) 

I woke up with a headache this morning since I had wine last night, but it went away eventually.  I went to Jamie's shortly after waking up so I could spend the day with them.  I figure that if I'm going to be moving back to Kansas this summer, I need to spend as much time over with them as I can.  I'm going to miss them so much.

Shortly after I got there we went to JC Penney's because I had gotten a free $10 gift card from them in the mail.  I checked to see if I could find myself a Nuggets shirt, but they didn't really have anything I liked.  Then we checked for slippers because I've been wanting some & there weren't any I liked.  We checked for a scarf for Jamie, but no luck.  Finally we found some stuff for Lainey & Uh-oh #2 (what I'm calling her second until she's born & I know her name... Lainey was the original Uh-oh).  Got a shirt for each of them & a little romper for Uh-oh #2.  Paid $1.27 total.  It was a pretty good deal.

After JCP we went to JoAnn's so Jamie could get some supplies to make Christmas trees.  They are the cutest little things!  If I ever have a home of my own I'm going to make her help me make some.  I wish I was as crafty as she is.  I can bake, but that's as far as my talents go.





After that we went back to her house so that Lainey could take a nap.  While she slept we... well, I don't remember what we did.  I think Jamie worked on her trees and Jason & I just sat around.  For all I know, I took a little nap, because I usually do at Jamie's when Lainey is napping (something about the quiet always puts me to sleep).

Once Lainey woke up from her nap we went to the little nursery near their house.  We saw ponies, a big fat goat and Santa Clause.  We walked around in the greenhouse for a while (it felt great after being out in the cool for a bit) and took pictures of Lainey.  It was great spending some time outside today.

I came home after hanging out at their house for a while, ate dinner & watched the Nuggets game.  Got really angry a few times because the refs were totally calling for the Suns (highest scoring team in the league, with us right behind them).  We ended up winning, so I'm happy about that.

My plans for the rest of the night are to play around online some, finish reading the book I've been working on for a while & possibly watching a movie (if I can't get to sleep & need entertainment).

0 comments: